Eyes are mirror to the soul. Some people are scared to look at the mirror because their souls look puffy, tired, dark and wrinkled and moreover, the swollen eyes bags make you feel unattractive.
Puffy eyes make you look exhausted, drowsy and aged too. The most common causes of having under eye bags are: Stress, water retention and tiredness. Other causes include hormonal changes in the body, excessive crying, lack of sleep , improper diet and some allergic reaction and such causes can add years to your appearance which can definitely reduced by our home remedies for under eye puffiness.
Home Remedies for Under Eye Puffiness
Here are certain tips you need to follow that will help you get rid of eye puffiness and you can say good bye to those awful eye bags:
- Wash your face very often that help wash away the allergen sticking to your skin as well as rinsing out the eyes help in cleansing and loosening the allergen from the inside of your eyes.
- Soak a towel or wet cloth in cold water or refrigerate a wet cloth or eye pillow, then lie down and apply the cold compress across your eyes to reduce the swelling.
- Outdoor allergens, pollens may affect you highly. So, continuous exposures to allergens will not help you in any way and make the situation even more worse. Stay inside in order to avoid the outdoor allergens.
Apart from the tips mentioned earlier, it is also very much necessary to get through some home remedies for under eye puffiness that can easily take care of your puffy eyes, thus providing you relief:
- Avacado, Almonds, Milk: Place the slices of ripe avocado under each of your eye. This will help to reduce the dark circles under your eyes.
Applying a paste of ground almonds and milk will also help you out with the same.
- Cucumber: Place the slices of refrigerated cucumber over each eye for quite some time. This will help your eyes look brighter and fresh.
- Tea bags: Green tea bags, Black tea bags and warm tea bags contain natural tannins. In case of if you consider warm tea bags, soak two of them in lukewarm water, and then you need to chill them for few minutes in the refrigerator.
Place one tea bag on each of the eye for five to ten minutes. This remedy will reduce the eye puffiness, redness and inflammation and make your eyes will feel fresh.
- Potato: It has anti-inflammatory properties. Peel, wash and dry a potato. Once you peel them, grate the potato and put the shavings in a clean cloth and tie it up. Place that clean cloth over your eyelids for a little longer period of time. This is very much helpful for fading dark circles and helps reduce eye bags under eyes.
- Aloe vera: It is considered as the best home remedy to get rid of eye puffiness naturally. Aloe vera contains Vitamin E and anti-oxidants. Use aloe vera gel on the affected areas beneath your eyes should improve blood circulation and wash out the fluids around the eyes, therefore reducing inflammation.
- Strawberry: It contains alpha hydroxyl acid. Place some strawberries in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Take out the tops and slice them into small thick pieces. Lie down on bed and place the slices under your eyes for several minutes. This is helpful to reduce the swelling.
- Water: Water is very much essential as it helps in well hydration as well as flush toxins out of the body. In order to stay well hydrated, drink plenty of water because of which there will be less chances of water retention that cause your under-eye area and other parts of your body swell.So, make a habit of drinking 8 -10 glasses of water each day .
- Egg whites: Egg whites are mostly preferably applied to lighten the dark circles. You need to whip up 1 or 2 egg whites until stiff, and then apply with a brush or soft cloth underneath your eyes gently. The skin will feel lighter and you will also feel fresh.
These are very good home remedies for under eye puffiness.
How do you Avoid Under Eye Puffiness ?
Certainly, there are certain things you need to avoid,
- Do not rub your eyeballs once you wake up. You must also avoid touching them throughout the day.
- Avoid beauty products such as hair sprays or fingernail polishes, such that when they come in contact with eyes, it may cause your eyes to swell.
- Avoid constantly working on computers, laptops or even playing games on mobile phones. Try to look away every few minutes or close your eyes and meditate for sometime and then get back once you feel relief.
- Remove all dust collecting objects and keep your bed free from dust , animal dander, and pollen.
- Avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages that can lead to dehydration.
Also Read : Home Remedies for Flawless Skin
Things to Remember
Always remember to enjoy a light self massage when ever you feel stressed. Close your eyes and gently press your ring finger beneath one eye, in a semi circular movement from the inside corner to the outside corner. Massage for approximately ten to fifteen minutes. This will help you relieve puffy eyes. You may also use two pillows to keep your head elevated while sleeping. Remember to use hypoallergenic soaps, fragrance and color free detergents.
You can get rid of eye puffiness by using any of these home remedies for under eye puffiness for sure. Do try them!
But otherwise, If you feel there is something stuck in your eye or if it is accompanied by pain in the eye or blurry/deceased vision or if you have too much redness that’s not leaving or even if you experience eye puffiness for no reason, you must visit the doctor instantly. While also having soothe itchy, swollen eyes caused by allergies, try allergy eye drops and take oral medications/allergy shots recommended by the doctor (if any with reference to the above) to reduce the sooth itchy and swollen eyes.