Everyone dreams of having flawless, glowing and healthy skin and thick, long and healthy hair. Unfortunately, most people do not make the connection between diet and hair loss/skin dull, but the link is very strong. Remember that the foods we eat highly impact our complexion. Moreover, healthy hair depends on an inner cuticle with overlapping scales that keep your strands together. From your muscle growth to your nails and hair, you need healthy food in your diet like Vitamin A, C, B, proteins, omega-3, fatty acids, and dietary fibre to improve both the hair and skin’s health naturally. Some people seem to benefit from different remedies, so it might be worth trying more than one of the remedies and see which works best for you. To improve your healthy skin and hair, including these 7 foods in your diet – Indian diet plan for healthy skin and hair.
Indian Diet Plan for Healthy Skin and Hair
- Raw honey can cleanse and restore the health of your hair and scalp. Honey contains minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants and has anti-bacterial benefits. It is considered to be a wonderful treatment for healthy skin and hair. Mix a tablespoon of raw honey in about half cup of warm water to make the shampoo. Try this homemade shampoo recipe with raw honey that can help kill bacteria and work to overcome inflammation.
It is a must to include honey in your Indian diet plan for healthy skin and hair.
- Almonds are rich in Vitamin E and good fats. Eating a handful of almonds a day might help you boost energy, moisturizes skin and protects from sun damage, nourishes hair inside and out, fights inflammation and boosts the body’s natural anti-oxidants. Almonds are said to be as a superfood as they are highly beneficial for the hair, skin as well as the body. They are great at your desk to snack – 25 almonds add up to your serving or you can also chop them finely and add them to oatmeal or yoghurt.
- Jaggery containing sugar in sucrose form is considered healthier than pure sugar. It makes the hair smooth and healthy. By eating jaggery, skin also becomes healthy and fresh. Start making this food as a regular form of diet. As it provides many essential nutrients and health benefits and a very effective remedy for many afflictions. Have a practice of consuming jaggery when and when you get time. If you find difficult to consume jaggery directly, mix jaggery with milk for good taste.
- Oranges contain Vitamin C and A, antioxidants, calcium, natural oils and dietary fibre etc. It protects against any skin or health diseases, eventually blossoming both skin and hair to be healthy. Beta-carotene, the powerful antioxidant protects the cell from being damaged.
Oranges also protect the skin from free radicals and prevent the skin from ageing. Make a habit of having oranges early morning as it is to be said as one of the best fruit which is vibrant and refreshing. So, they are really a wonderful start to your day. Orange peel oil baths are also very much effective for a healthy skin.
- Green tea is rich in Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E. It helps kill systematic bacterial inflammation for smoother, toned and healthy skin. Not only it serves the purpose of giving a glow to the skin, the green tea leaf fibres are also proven to prompt hair growth and sustain healthy hair. Try restricting yourself to less than 300mg per day, that is around 2-3 cups approximately.
- Carrot makes your skin look great. Vitamin A or also called as beta-carotene in carrot juice helps keep your skin hydrated warding of dryness as well as fine lines and wrinkles. It is an anti-oxidant that protects the skin cells from being damaged by free radicals. Consuming carrot juice can make your complexion look wonderful and vibrant giving you a stunning glow.
- Custard apple is good for hair and healthy skin. Vitamin C and Vitamin A present in custard apply an anti-oxidant which helps in neutralizing free radicals. It is very much essential to include this food in your diet, as the content of copper will help to cure many ailments. Include custard type of fruit in every meal.
Apart from the 7 foods for your diet stated above in this article, the other best bet for glossy, thick locks is to adopt a whole food diet that is plentiful of vegetables, healthy oils like olive oil and coconut oil, nuts, seeds, low sugar berries and seaweed. Flax and chia seeds containing fatty acid content which are extremely beneficial. Vitamin B, zinc, iron and calcium are more to be focussed upon on both hair and skin enhancing supplements.
Include these 7 foods in your Indian diet plan for healthy skin and hair, along with your daily consumption of other ingredients that you follow at your routine diet. All you need to do is to be on a skin/hair-friendly diet and consume a lot of fruits, veggies, proteins and healthy fats in every meal. Incorporate these into your lifestyle that will help repair and revive your hair and skin.
Also Read: Indian Low Carb Diet for Weight loss