When it comes to being strong, you must be both mentally strong as well as physically strong. Some would say that if you possess mental strength, it is more important than physical strength. In this article we will go through different ways to how you can build mental strength and provide you with inspirational mental strength quotes to keep you focused.
What is Mental Strength?
Mental strength is the ability and way of an individual to effectively deal with challenges, pressure, and stressors to present their best performance regardless of the circumstances. It requires you to balance your emotions and rational thinking so that they work together to make informed decisions that usually guide your behavior.
If we see it practically then mental strength means being aware of your own emotions and thoughts and work with them to choose your actions. It is actually about responding other than reacting. Also go through our quotes for mental strength to keep you motivated.
5 Ways To Build Your Mental Strength
Below are some easy ways to build mental strength.
1. Establish Your Goals
The human brain is liable to reach for and achieve goals. With each goal you achieve, you will gain more confidence in your ability to progress. You will be able to learn to recognize when your goals are unrealistically ambitious and when they are not challenging enough.
2. Set Yourself up for Success
Becoming mentally strong doesn’t mean you have to subject yourself to the desire you want to do every day. Make your life a little easier by advancing the environment. When you set yourself up for fulfillment, you won’t exhaust your physic energy trying to resist the urge to sleep in.
3. Tolerate Discomfort for a Greater Purpose
Discomfort may lead people to look for unhealthy shortcuts. Rather than affect a drag, they reach for something that gives immediate emotional relief. Push yourself to figure on budget albeit it causes you to feel nervousness. The more you tolerate discomfort, the more confidence you will have to do difficult things.
4. Reframe Your Negative Thoughts
Try to develop a practical however optimistic inner monologue. You can’t eliminate all of your negative thinking. Everybody has rough patches and unhealthy days. However by substitution those exclusively disheartened thoughts with a lot of realistic expectations, you can stay on course and equip yourself to manage unhealthy days.
5. Balance Your Emotion with Logic
You make the simplest selection once your emotions and logic are balanced. If all your decisions were emotional, you wouldn’t save for retirement because you would be too busy outlay your cash on what causes you happy immediately. But if all of your decision is logical, you would live a humdrum life that lacks enjoyment, leisure, and love.
50 Powerful And Inspirational Mental Strength Quotes
Below are some of the greatest quotes for mental strength that can motivate you during tough times.
- “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them. — Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has their bow. Courage is what makes you do it.” — Bryce Courtenay
- “Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.” — Bruce Lee
- “When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t.” — Jodi Picoult
- “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” — Wayne Dyer
- “Just pick a goal, a goal you truly want to achieve, and take a clear-eyed look at your weaknesses — not so you’ll feel less confident, but so you can determine exactly what you need to work on. Then get to work. Celebrate small successes. Analyze your weaknesses. Keep going. As you gain skill, you’ll also gain a feeling of genuine confidence, one that can never be taken away–because you’ve earned it.” (OK, that one is mine, he said, blushing.)
- “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey
- “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” — William Jennings Bryan
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent van Gogh
- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles, and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.” — Mark Victor Hansen
- “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered — just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” — Barrie Davenport
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” — E.E. Cummings
- “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir
- “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” — Arthur Ashe
- “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “But failure has to be an option in art and exploration — because it’s a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks.” — James Cameron
- “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty are revealed only if there is light from within.” — Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” — Peter T. McIntyre
- “Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they’re yours.” –Richard Bach
- “The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, despite being unacceptable.” — Paul Tillich
- “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would astound ourselves.” — Thomas Alva Edison
- “Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people.” — Andre Dubus
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frighten us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be?” — Marianne Williamson
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” — Brené Brown
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” — Dr. Benjamin Spock
- “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worried. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” — T. Harv Eker
- “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.” –Dr. Robert Anthony
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” –Sir Edmund Hillary
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” — Dale Carnegie
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
- “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” — Thomas Jefferson
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” — Brian Tracy
- “If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.” — T. Harv Eker
- “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good … They’re no better.” — Hayley Williams
- “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin
- “You have no control over other people’s tastes, so focus on staying true to your own.” — Tim Gunn
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.” — J.M. Barrie
- “It’s a dead-end street if you sit around waiting for someone else to tell you you’re OK.” — Michael Pitt
- “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” — Robert Downey Jr.
- “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your myth.” — Rumi
- “We avoid the things that we’re afraid of because we think there will be dire consequences if we confront them. But the truly dire consequences in our lives come from avoiding things that we need to learn about or discover.” — Shakti Gawain
- “Persons of high self-esteem are not driven to make themselves superior to others; they do not seek to prove their value by measuring themselves against a comparative standard. Their joy is being who they are, not in being better than someone else.” — Nathaniel Branden
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many — not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
- “Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are.” — Chinese proverb
That was our article about how you can improve or build mental strength easily. We also provide you with the greatest mental strength quotes to keep you motivated.
If you have any doubts or questions, please let us know in the comments below.