Fair skin is becoming more and more popular nowadays. People are being made to think that only if you have fair skin you’ll be accepted by society. People who don’t have fair skin also envy people who have fair skin or who are fairer than them.
It doesn’t really matter what your skin tone is, because your skin colour doesn’t define you in any way. It may only add more character to your personality and reflects your health. But if skin fairness can also be damaged over time if you don’t know how to take care of it. Taking care of your skin means taking care of the whole body. Overall skin is the largest sensory organ of the body.
Skin can get damaged in many ways and taking care of it separately isn’t always possible. Factors such as harsh sun rays, dust, sweat and oil play a major role in affecting your skin quality.
How skin gets damaged and how to resolve it
The harsh UV rays emitted by the sun when penetrates through the skin, it causes skin damage. UV rays are also responsible for skin cancer and sun tan.
Also, the additional sweat coming out of the skin results in making your skin itchy and more vulnerable to collecting the dust from the pollution.
- Apply sunscreen on the face and hands and neck region while going outdoors in the morning. Sunscreens are known to form a protective layer above the skin surface, which doesn’t allow any form of skin damage. It also avoids dust and pollution from settling on the skin. It avoids the tanning of the skin as well.
- Covering your face and torso to protect oneself from the sun. Wearing a thin cotton jacket and a shawl over the face helps in blocking the sun and dust particles.
- Avoid staying under the sun for too long. If your job requires you to stay outdoors it’d be better if you carry a mini-umbrella. Wearing full-sleeved cotton clothing is another option as well while wearing stylish sunglasses and hats.
- People whose skins are sensitive to the sun rays should try covering themselves with full clothing at all times. Take proper and complete medication to keep the allergy under control. Try avoiding outdoors too much under the broad daylight. Getting out in the evenings for outdoor activities is a better choice for such people.
Sweat and oil
Sweaty skin results in itchy skin patches and rashes. These rashes cause redness of the skin and even remain as scars at times. Sweating is good for the body, as it helps in flushing away the toxins from our body. But when the dust accumulates at the sweat pores it causes several skin irritations. These skin irritations are especially not good for sensitive skins.
Oily skin is not very common, although the oily face is commonly found everywhere. Oily faces generally occur during the adolescent age of teenagers. It results in a pimply face as the dust when reacts with the face oil generates pimples. Pimples are harmless if you treat them properly and in time. But some pimples often leave permanent marks and even at times ruins the skin quality permanently.
- Take regular baths. Bathing regularly and properly will ensure that your body remains clean throughout the day. People with sensitive skin should bathe twice daily as a precaution towards skin irritation and infection.
- Wash your face at regular intervals. To avoid an oily face, facing your face at regular intervals is necessary. It should be considered that the product you’ll be using for the face wash must not be harsh for your skin, i.e, it should not make your skin completely dry. You can also clean your face with regular tap water instead and dry the excess water with a soft face towel. This would ensure that the oil is removed from the skin and doesn’t affect the skin quality.
- Avoid applying too much skin cream. Some skin creams tend to make our skin even oilier. So it’s best to avoid such products. Try applying cold creams and other herbal products that can treat your oily skin.
- Poor quality cosmetics are also the reason behind oily skins. These low-quality beauty products than to do more harm to the skin than any good. So try buying top-graded beauty products. Beauty products that are suitable for the skin. Also, don’t forget to clean the make-up products off your face as soon as its purpose is served.
Skin allergies are another reason for ruining the skin quality. People who are sensitive to certain climatic conditions or foods often suffer from allergic reactions. These allergic reactions are often painful and even turn out to be fatal at times. Skin allergies may stay as permanent marks or scars at times.
- Get on medication. Taking proper medication will help eradicate the allergy and its symptoms.
- Try avoiding situations and foods that escalate your allergic reaction tendencies.
- Keep your body and surrounding as clean as possible. Remain sweat free and keep your belongings dust-free.
- Apply aloe vera when the allergy occurs. Aloe vera gels are one of the many safest options that can help cure your skin problems to some extent. Its soothing properties relax the body and the area where it’s affected.
- Olive oil contributes to healing and revitalizing the skin. It’s packed with vitamin E and several antioxidants which are helpful for the skin. It helps to fight against the allergic reaction to some extreme.
- Neem leaves are another way of treating allergies. It has various medicinal properties and flushes out all the toxic waste from our body and cures diseases. Applying a neem leaf paste or an ointment of neem cream can also another way of treating small skin allergies.
Dry skin can mean anything. This means, you might be suffering from any sort of disease or infection or you’re plain simple dehydrated or dryness from the skin.
The impacts of dry skin will depend upon the term and seriousness of the condition. Dry skin that lasts so long is most like;y to cause unfavourable impacts and complexities. Therefore, it is useful for people to know about their skin and how to deal with it to forestall dry skin.
This is especially significant for individuals as they become aged, and dry skin becomes increasingly normal. These individuals may need to depend on the incessant utilization of skin lotion to anticipate inconveniences of dry skin.
- Apply moisturizer on the skin. Keeping the skin hydrated and retaining its natural oil levels is necessary to eradicate the dryness of the skin.
- Drink sufficient water. Drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Being hydrated ensures that all the toxins are removed out of the system and blood flows sufficiently throughout the system.
- Consuming honey help keeps the body healthy and moisturized. Its healing and anti-inflammatory properties are helpful for treating skin infections as well.
- Petroleum jelly is good for dry skin. Vaseline and other such products which produce petroleum jelly can be bought from the stores. It has the power to restore back the skin’s moisture and shine. It can also be used as cold skin creams in the winter as it protects the skin from the harshness of the winter and keeps the skin soft.
- Aloe vera gel can help hydrate your skin to some extent and soothe the itchiness developed by dryness of the skin.
- Several body oils such as olive oil, mustard oil, coconut oil and many more can help keep the skin healthy.
Burn marks and Scars
Burn marks and scars that remain permanently on the body can be pretty devastating for people. It is not always possible to cure these permanent marks on the body. They can’t be removed completely over time without treating it.
- Apply ointments that reduce burn marks and scars.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the area affected.
- Skin grafting and surgeries for people with severe burn marks.
- Other home remedies such as coconut oil, honey, apple cider vinegar help in reducing the scarring and burn marks from the skin.
- Rubbing medium thick potato slices in circles for 20 minutes a day can help reduce the scar marks. All you need to do is rub individual potato slices consecutively over the scarred region for 20 min. And then let it air dry for about 10 min., clean the area with plain water afterwards.
Other ways to treat skin problems and make it glow
- Apply rose water on the skin on a daily basis. Rose water cleanS the skin and maintainS the pH of the skin. It also helps in reducing oil secretion from the face. Its fragrance gives us a soothing sensation along with the astringent-like properties that it has to offer. Its beautiful aroma acts as a stress reliever.
- Rosewater revitalizes and hydrates the skin and reduces redness and itchiness of the skin. Keeps fine lines and wrinkles at bay and helps in gaining a fairer and healthier skin.
- Doing regular exercise promotes sweating. Sweating is a good thing for the body. It flushes away all the toxic waste from the body. Exercising keeps the skin taut and healthy. Proper exercise and good eating habits may also result in fairer and glowing skin.
- Jogging or running in the morning is the best exercise for the skin. As the cold and fresh morning air hits your skin while it sweats, helps in removing the dirt off your face and skin. This makes the skin shine even brighter and gives your face a healthy pink glow.
- Maintaining a proper diet will help maintain healthy skin. Avoiding oily and seasoned foods should be your top priority. Stop consuming junk foods and sugary desserts. They not only affect your health from the inside but it also shows from the outside. Improper diet results in allergic reactions and an oily face, which is not desirable.
- Applying top-graded beauty creams and serums for the skin. These serums and creams help you bring back the original glow of the skin and makes the skin fairer. Regular application in proper quantities brings tremendous results for the skin. Make sure that you use well-known products which will not cause you any allergies or severe side-effects in the near future.
- Drinking lots of water. Drinking sufficient water keeps you hydrated and detoxifies the body. It keeps the body clean from the inside and glowing from the outside.
- Getting skin fairness treatments. If you really want to bring some major changes in your skin tone then you can opt for skin treatment. These costly treatments are not really necessary until and unless you want to erase burn marks or scars from the body. Rich people who can afford it get full body skin treatments to get completely fair.
- Taking long and proper naps. Getting sufficient sleep also matters when it concerns skin quality. Poor sleep results in poor health, hence resulting in dried up and oily skins with lots of pimples and irritation of the skin.
In the end, you should always opt for a healthy body over fairness. It doesn’t matter what your skin tone may look like. Until and unless you’re not healthy from the inside your body and face won’t glow. This means that if you take good care of your skin it’d naturally become a shade lighter and glow even more.
Healthy and shiny skin depicts a healthy body. Therefore, before applying any sort of fairness cream or beauty products. Make sure that you eat and drink healthy. This way you won’t have to worry about the quality of your skin anymore.
Lastly, don’t forget to get enough sleep and drink enough water to stay hydrated.
Here are some suggestions for some of the top Indian brand beauty products manufacturers:
These are some of the brand names of beauty products that are available at reasonable costs and are good for the skin.